Early Years Consultancy
I provide constructive and supportive consultancy that enables leaders, practitioners and teachers to gain much needed support with children’s behaviour and emotions.
More and more early years settings are in need of additional support when it comes to children’s behaviour and emotions. In the post pandemic world, many children are experiencing more stress than in recent years. This is putting pressure on settings, families and of course the children themselves. As the challenges increase, a level of specialist knowledge can be helpful. Often practitioners benefit from increased insight into individual children’s emotions and behavioural responses. A commitment to a culture and environment of emotional well-being is a vital part of this work.
If you are thinking of arranging consultancy and would like to discuss if it is right for you and your team, please email me to arrange a chat at no cost to your setting.
Supporting Early Years Settings
- Create a culture of well-being where emotions are not seen as a problem to be solved but as a natural part of our lives
- Learn about the connection between behaviour and emotions - focusing on adult insight and understanding
- Work within a connection-based approach to prioritise responsiveness, attunement and co-regulation
- Engage children in learning about their brains and their emotions through activities, experiences and conversations
- Focus on communication styles and learning experiences that promote strong self-worth and don’t rely on praise, rewards or punishments
- Commit to inclusive, anti-discriminatory practice, recognising broader factors that contribute to children’s emotional well-being
I offer 1-1 appointments to enable early years leaders and professionals to ask advice, get support with planning for individual children, or work with me on developing the setting to create a culture of emotional well-being. These shorter, trouble-shooting style appointments last for 1 hour, are held over Zoom and the fee is £40.
Full Day Consultancy
Please note - my approach is non-judgemental, considered, constructive and supportive of the journey your team is on. My role is to understand and guide, helping you make a difference to the lives of your children, families and team members.
Parent Workshops and Q&A Sessions
Working with your parent community is a key part of supporting children’s emotional well-being. Many parents would love to know more about how to help their children, but just don’t have access to the information or support.
It is really helpful to have someone external offer this to your parents, so the information is offered more impartially, leaving you free to continue conversations after the workshop.
Workshops are held over Zoom and the fee is £100 for a 2 hour session.
If you have any other questions or want to enquire about making a booking, please fill out the form below