Cocoro is inspired by the Japanese word ‘kokoro’ meaning ‘heart, mind and spirit’. Cocoro provides specialist support for parents and early years professionals in children’s emotional well-being and behaviour.
Having spent over 20 years working with children, families and professionals in early years settings, in multi-disciplinary teams, and privately, I have seen first-hand the challenges that arise. As a mum, I know all too well the general rollercoaster ride of emotions that are part of the parenting journey.
We are incredibly lucky today to have a vast amount of knowledge into children’s development, and how to support them with their ‘behaviour and big feelings’. My job is to do all of that research for you, share the parts that are particularly relevant for you, and support you with putting it into practice.
My aim is to help parents, families, practitioners and teachers understand children more deeply and how to best support them, particularly when times get tricky. I help nurseries, schools and parents to empower children to grow up with resilience, happiness, self-regulation, and self-worth.
Please scroll down for information on what I offer, and my qualifications.
“Sarah has been phenomenal and I honestly couldn’t recommend her more highly”
Sarah also offers support to families on all aspects of a child’s development. Sometimes parents may be in crisis mode, looking for urgent help with sleep, communication or a child’s stressed/distressed behaviour, and at other times they may simply want advice on an aspect of their child’s development.
Sarah aims to work with parents and professionals in a way that brings balance, clarity, and a sense of calm and well-being for all. She advocates for responsive, connected parenting and teaching that enables children to develop emotional well-being, resilience, happiness and self-esteem.
What I Offer…
- Training sessions on attachment, big feelings, supporting behaviour, co-regulation strategies and emotional well-being tools.
- A focus on understanding children as much as skill development because this is where change to practice starts.
- 1-1 appointments to answer your questions and help problem-solve.
- Ask specific questions about practice, or seek advice on strategies for individual children
- 1-1 appointments via Zoom
- Help with problem-solving anything from sibling relationships to listening, transitions to toileting, and emotional “meltdowns” to sleep
- Support and guidance when you are not sure what else to try
- Parent Workshops and Q&A Sessions
Created by a qualified, experienced early childhood and parenting specialist
Research and evidence-based information and strategies that really work
Connected, responsive approaches with well-being at the heart of everything we do
Our mission is help make every childhood understood
- MA Early Childhood Studies and BA (hons) focusing in Children & Young People
- Postgraduate Certificate in Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Well-being
- Montessori Teaching Diplomas (AMI) for 0-3 and 3-6 years. Montessori Certificate (AMI) for 12-18 years.
- Early Years Teacher Status
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Holistic Sleep Coach (Feed, Sleep, Bond - Lyndsey Hookway)
- Fully insured and DBS checked.
New for 2023: Online Content & Courses for Toddler Parents!
Cocoro is committed to:
- Anti-discriminatory and anti-racist practice
- Responsive parenting and teaching strategies
- Connected parenting and teaching relationships
- Economic and environmental sustainability